A peer to peer (P2P) file sharing service is used for downloading music. For playing, searching, and sharing songs a P2P program is used. P2P program connects to a network of file sharing computer systems. The uploaded songs are a collection of uploads by the users. Apart from music P2P program can be used to share any type of file.
Advantages of Peer to peer (P2P) file sharing:
1) Resources are distributed: In a P2P system resources are distributed and hence failing of one system does not shut down the entire network.
2) Performance increases with users: One of the best advantages of P2P file sharing is that when the users increase in the network, the performance increases because the resources increase.
3) Less administration: Users of the network handle most of the administrative task themselves; hence, there are less administration tasks.
4) Cheaper: Peer to peer (P2P) file sharing is relatively cheaper.
Disadvantages of Peer to peer (P2P) file sharing:
1) Security: When you are sharing files, there’s always a problem with the security.
2) Copyright issues: Many people can upload stuffs which can violate copyright laws.