The tax season has officially started. With April 18 as the deadline, many taxpayers wait until the last minute to file their taxes. According to the US Treasury Department, last year nearly 75% of taxpayers received a refund of approximately $ 2,800. Did you know that if you file your taxes early you could receive your refund before the others?
Here are the five advantages of filing your taxes early:
1. File your taxes for free: Last year, 10 million people in the United States filed their taxes for free with TurboTax Absolute Zero. This year, 60 million Americans who file simple federal or state taxes (1040A or 1040EZ) can take advantage of the offer to file their taxes completely free. $ 0 federal. $ 0 state. $ 0 to file.
2. Get your refund faster: Last year, almost 75% of taxpayers received a refund, averaging $2,800. The IRS issues 9 out of 10 refunds within the first 21 days or earlier if they are submitted electronically and through direct deposit. The sooner you declare your taxes, the faster you will receive your refund. With your refund you can pay your credit card, student loan, or save in case of an emergency.
3. Have more time to pay what you owe: if you decide to file your taxes early will give you more time to pay the amount you owe the IRS. If you submit your taxes in January or February, you will not have to pay until April 18. This will give you extra time to make a payment plan and investigate other available options.
4. File your taxes online easily and without stress: Take a photo of your W-2 on your phone, confirm that the information is correct and send! The TurboTax program, one of the available options, looks for over 350 deductions and credits to make sure you get the refund you deserve based on your answers. There is no reason to queue up and waste time with tax service providers when you can prepare your taxes from the comfort of your home or your cell phone.
5. Get help in your language. TurboTax SmartLook ™ now features exclusively Spanish-speaking experts with whom you can connect live via video and receive personalized, real-time answers at no additional cost. TurboTax tax experts, certified CPAs, or registered agents can highlight important areas and next steps on your screen so you can complete your taxes safely. You can have a couple of extra eyes verifying your statement so you never feel alone.