MouseEvent class in java.awt.event package handles events created when mouse is clicked, moved, and enters or exits a component. It is a sub class of InputEvent class.
Integer constants defined by MouseEvent class:
- MOUSE_PRESSED: When mouse is pressed.
- MOUSE_RELEASED: When mouse is released.
- MOUSE_CLICKED: When mouse is clicked.
- MOUSE_DRAGGED: When mouse is dragged.
- MOUSE_ENTERED: When mouse entered a component.
- MOUSE_EXITED: When mouse exited from a component.
- MOUSE_MOVED: When mouse is moved.
- MOUSE_WHEEL: When mouse wheel is moved.
Constructor defined by MouseEvent class:
By using source, type of event, when event was created, modifiers, coordinates of mouse, click count and triggersp to show if the event results in a popup menu.
MouseEvent(Component src, int type, long when, int modifiers, int x, int y, int clicks, boolean triggersp)
Methods defined by MouseEvent class:
getX( ) method: It is used to return the X coordinate of mouse.
int getX( )
getY( ) method: It is used to return the Y coordinate of mouse.
int getY( )
getPoint( ) method: It is used to return the X and Y coordinates of mouse.
Point getPoint( )
translatePoint( ) method: It is used to translate a point to another coordinate.
void translatePoint(int x, int y)
getClickCount( ) method: It is used to get number of clicks of mouse.
int getClickCount( )
isPopupTrigger( ) method: It is used to check if the event generates a popup menu.
boolean isPopupTrigger( )
getButton( ) method: It is used to find the button of mouse which resulted in the event.
int getButton( )
Constants defined by getButton( ) method: NOBUTTON, BUTTON1, BUTTON2, BUTTON3.