To initialize an Applet AWT follows the below given order:
1. init( ) method: It is the first method which is called when an applet starts exectuing. Here, variables are initilaized. It is called only once.
void init( )
2. start( ) method: It is called when applet starts or resumes. It can be called anytime for resuming the execution of applet.
void start( )
3. paint( ) method: It is used to draw the output. It can be called anytime whenever drawing of output is required.
To terminate an Applet AWT follows the below given order:
1. stop( ) method: It is called to stop execution of an applet. You can start the execution of the applet again by calling start( ) method.
void stop( )
2. destroy( ) method: It is used to terminate an applet. After this method the applet is removed completely from memory.
void destroy( )