Checked exceptions are the exception which are included in the throws list of a method.
Here are the checked exceptions defined in in java.lang package:
- InterruptedException: Used when a thread is interrupted by another thread.
- NoSuchFieldException: Used when a field does not exist.
- NoSuchMethodException: Used when a method does not exist.
- InstantiationException: Used when an attempt is made to create an object of abstract class or when an attempt is made to create an object of interface.
- IllegalAccessException: Used when access to class is denied.
- ClassNotFoundException: Used when a class is not found.
- CloneNotSupportedException: Used when there is an attempt to clone an object and this object does not implement a clone interface.