As an information systems auditor, you will be responsible for verifying that quality management systems are in place and that they meet the standards and requirements of the business.
To ensure the effectiveness of quality management systems:
- Ensure that the quality management system was established with input from the company stakeholders, IT management, and any other organization decision makers.
- Ensure proper communication guidelines are in place to report quality issues to IT management personnel and other stakeholders.
- Determine whether the activities of the quality management system are aligned with the organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensure that continuous improvement methodologies are included in employee training and awareness programs.
- Ensure that all continuous improvement related activities are performed within the organizational standards, criteria, policies, and procedures.
- Review quality management plans and documentation to check for transparency of contents to the stakeholders of an organization.
- Review the quality performance reports to identify the strengths and weaknesses of each individual, resource, or process.
- Analyze whether quality management system planning is developed based on the financial cost, organizational strategies, achievements, data, and risk level.
- Analyze and ensure that the quality management system plan is updated with current organizational data and contributions made to continuous improvement efforts.