This post is about Windows firewall service, Windows installer service, Windows error reporting service, Windows event collector service, Windows event log service and Windows font cache services:
1) Windows firewall service: Windows firewall system service is used for managing firewall in a Windows computer. It filters incoming and outgoing network access based on the firewall rules. If you are already using an antivirus or an Internet security tool in your computer, then, you can disable this service.
2) Windows installer service: Windows installer system service is used for installing and uninstalling software in a Windows computer. If this service is disabled then, you will not be able to install or uninstall a software or an application in a Windows machine.
3) Windows error reporting service: Windows error reporting system service is used for reporting errors which have occurred in your Windows computer to Microsoft. It is helpful for getting solutions for specific errors from Microsoft. If this service is disabled then, errors will no longer be reported to Microsoft.
4) Windows event collector service: Windows event collector system service is used for managing subscriptions from remote event sources to a local computer. Events are received and stored in a local computer. These events have been generated from a remote computer. If this service is disabled, then services which depends on it will not work.
5) Windows event log service: Windows event log system service is used for managing and collecting event logs in a Windows computer. This service should not be disabled.
6) Windows font cache service: Windows font cache system service is used for caching font data in a Windows computer. Thus, applications loads faster because of this service. This service should not be disabled.