This post is about Application management, Application layer gateway, Application identity, Application experience and Application information Windows system services:
1) Application management: Application management Windows system service is used for installing and uninstalling software and applications. This Windows system service manages the programs which are installed in a Windows computer. This Windows system service is used when programs are uninstalled or changed from a Windows computer from Control Panel. Programs, software and applications are manged by Group policy.
2) Application layer gateway: Application layer gateway Windows system service helps in enabling protocols like File Transfer Protocol (FTP) for ICS (Internet Connection Sharing service). It also helps in starting ICS service and Internet Connection Firewall service. If this system service is disabled, ICS service and Internet Connection Firewall service will not start.
3) Application identity: Application identity Windows system service is used for verifying identity of an application. It is used by AppLocker. If this service is disabled, policies defined by AppLocker will not come in to effect.
4) Application experience: Application experience Windows system service makes the old applications, software and programs compatible with the new version of Windows. By using this service different updates are automatically run for applications to make them compatible for the new system. If this service is disabled most of the applications which are supported by the older versions of Windows may no run in the newer versions.
5) Application information: Application information Windows system service is used for running applications, software and programs with administrative rights. If this system service is disabled, an application which requires admin rights cannot be run.