ClearType is a software technology developed by Microsoft that improves the readability of the text on existing LCDs (Liquid Crystal Displays), such as laptop screens, pocket PC screens and flat panel monitors. With ClearType font technology, the words on your computer screen looks almost as sharp and clear as those printed on a piece of paper. In a Windows 8 machine you should activate the ClearType. By this you can increase the quality of how the text and images look in your computer.
To turn on the ClearType and to change the ClearType settings in Windows 8, follow these steps:
1) Go to Charms bar –> Settings –> Control Panel
2) Select “Small icons” from “View by” options.
3) Select “Display”
4) Then, click on “Adjust ClearType text”.
5) Select option “Turn on Clear Type”.
6) Click on “Next”.
7) On the next 5 steps you can select the texts which looks best to you.
8) Click on “Finish”.