Resource Monitor is a tool in Windows 8 which can be used for viewing the real-time, current resource usage of your computer. It has real-time information about the CPU usage, memory usage, disk usage and network usage of your computer. It can also be used for managing active services, processes and apps.
To access Resource Monitor in Windows 8, follow the below given steps:
1) Go to: Charms bar –> Settings –> Control Panel
2) On the right side, select “Small icons” for “View by” drop down menu.
3) Click on “Performance Information and tools”.
4) Then, click on “Advanced tools”
5) After that, click on “Open Resource Monitor”. This will open the Resource Monitor window. To view CPU usage, memory usage, disk usage and network usage of your computer select the specific tabs in this window.
6) If you want to check the activity of a particular process then, go to “Overview” tab, select the check box for the process under “CPU” section. Now, expand the “Disk”, “Network” and “Memory” sections, to see data filtered by this particular process.