If you are seeing any strange thing lately related to display of your Windows 8 computer then, it is about time to update the display driver software. To update display device driver software in Windows 8, follow these steps:
1) Make sure that you are logged in the account which has admin privileges.
2) Also, make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
3) Press Windows key + X.
4) Click on Device Manager.
5) Click on the arrow for “Display Adapters”.
6) Right click on the video card icon which will be like: Intel (R) HD Graphics. This is just an example. You might be having a different video card in your computer. Then, select “Update Driver Software”.
7) In the “Update Driver Software” dialog box, click on “Search automatically for updated driver software.” By Choosing this option, the driver software will automatically be downloaded and installed from the internet. After it has been installed the dialog box will have the message as: Windows has successfully updated your driver software. After that you need to restart your computer for changes to take effect.