In this post I will discuss how you can turn off the Windows Startup, logon and login sound in Windows 8. Advantage of turning off Startup sound is that your computer will load a bit faster than usual during the startup as it doesn’t have to play a sound file in the background. Also this sound can be annoying to some of the users who regularly login to their Windows computer.
Here are the steps to turn off Windows Startup, logon, and login sound in Windows 8:
1) Go to: Charms bar –> Settings –> Control Panel
2) Select “Category” from the “View by” drop down menu at the right side.
3) Click on “Hardware and Sound”.
4) Under “Sound”, click on “Change System sounds”.
5) In “Sound” dialog box, go to “Sounds” tab.
6) Uncheck option “Play Windows Startup Sound”.
7) Click on “Apply” and then, “OK”