In Windows 8, every time you login to your computer, user accounts which were logged in are displayed automatically. If you have many user accounts in your computer who frequently login then this list will be very big. There’s an option to remove the last user name which was logged in logon screen. To do this, follow the below given steps:
1) Go to Charms bar –> Search.
2) Type: regedit in Search under Apps.
3) Click on regedit icon on the left side. If you get a dialog box asking “Do you want to allow the following program to make chnages to this computer?”, click on “Yes”.
4) In the Registry Editor, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE –> SOFTWARE –> Microsoft –> Windows–> Current version –> Policies –> System
5) On the right side of Registry Editor, right click on “dontdisplaylastusername” and click on “Modify”.
6) Type: 1 under “Value data” and click on “OK”.
7) Then, close the Registry Editor.
Now the next time you login you will not see the last user name which was logged in logon screen.