Windows Media Center is an program which is used for watching and recording live TV in your Windows 8 computer. It is not a free program in Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro and if you want to run it in your computer then you have to buy the activation key.
To install Media Center in Windows 8, follow the below given steps:
1) Go to: Charms bar –> Search
2) Type add features under “Settings”
3) Click on “Add features to Windows 8″ icon on the left side.
4) Click on “Yes” for dialog box “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?”.
5) In the “Add features to Windows 8″ dialog box, click on “I want to buy a product key online” to buy a product key for Windows Media Center or click on “I already have a product key” if you have already purchased a product key for Windows Media Center.
6) Choose any of the above given methods and after you are done, check option “I accept the license terms” and click on “Add Features” button.
7) When it is done, restart your computer to put changes in to effect.