You can disable the Power button from Settings in Charms bar in Windows 8. This feature is useful when you have multiple users in your computer and you don’t want any of your users to shut down the computer.
To disable Power button from Settings in Charms bar in Windows 8, follow the below given steps:
1) Go to: Charms bar –> Search
2) Type: regedit under “Apps”.
3) Click on the regedit icon on the left side.
4) If you get a dialog box “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?”, click on “Yes”.
5) In Registry Editor, go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER –> Software –> Microsoft –> Windows –> CurrentVersion –> Policies
6) Right click on “Policies” and then: New –> click on Key. Rename this key to: Explorer
7) Then, right-click on “Explorer” and then: New –> click on DWORD (32-bit) value.
8) On the right side in Registry editor, right-click and rename the new value you just created to: NoClose
9) Right click on “NoClose”, and click on “Modify”.
10) Enter Value data as: 1 and click on “OK”.
11) Close the registry editor.
12) Restart your computer.
After you login again, go to: Charms bar –> Settings and click on “Power”, you will get the following message: There are currently no power options available.
In future, if you wish to enable the power button, set the Value data as: 0 or delete the DWORD: NoClose.