When you place the mouse at the top and bottom right corners in your Windows 8 computer, Charms bar appears. You can disable this feature such that Charms bar will only appear when you move the mouse from top right corner towards bottom right corner or vice versa.
To disable Charms bar from appearing when you place your mouse at top right and bottom right corners in Windows 8, follow the below given steps:
1) Go to: Charms bar –> Search
2) Type: regedit under “Apps”.
3) Click on the regedit icon on the left side.
4) If you get a dialog box “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?”, click on “Yes”.
5) In Registry Editor, go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER –> Software –> Microsoft –> Windows –> CurrentVersion –> ImmersiveShell
6) Right click on “ImmersiveShell” and then: New –> click on Key. Rename this key to: EdgeUI
7) Then, right-click on “EdgeUI” and then: New –> click on DWORD (32-bit) value.
8) On the right side in Registry editor, right click and rename the new value you just created to: DisableCharmsHint
9) Right click on “DisableCharmsHint”, and click on “Modify”.
10) Enter Value data as: 1 and click on “OK”.
11) Close the registry editor.
That’s it. Now, when you hover the mouse at the top right and bottom right corners in your Windows 8 computer, charms bar will not appear. If you want to access the charms bar, place your mouse at the top right corner and then move it towards the bottom right corner or place your mouse at the bottom right corner and move it along the top right corner. The simplest way to open Charms bar is to press: Windows key + C.
In future, if you wish to enable the Charms bar from top, bottom right corners in Windows 8, simply set the Value data as: 0 or delete the DWORD: DisableCharmsHint.