To change the advanced settings in Windows Firewall in Windows 8, follow these steps:
1) Go to: Charms bar –> Settings –> Control Panel –> System and security –> Windows Firewall
2) Then click on “Advanced settings” on the left side.
3) In “Windows Firewall with Advanced security” dialog box, click on “Properties” on the right side bottom.
4) Here you can change the “Firewall state”, “Inbound connections”, “Outbound connections”, “Protected network connections”, “Settings that control Windows Firewall behavior”, and “Logging settings for troubleshooting” for the following:
a) Domain Profile: This profile specifies behavior when the computer is connected to a corporate domain.
b) Private Profile: This profile specifies behavior when the computer is connected to a private network.
c) Public Profile: This profile specifies behavior when the computer is connected to a public network.
5) IPsec Settings: It provides a process by which IP security can be configured. Here, you can customize the “Key exchange (Main mode)”, “Data Protection (Quick mode)”, and “Authentication Method”.