In Windows 8, you can preview the opened windows for an app in the taskbar. All you need to do is to hover an icon of the app which is pinned to the taskbar and you can see all the opened windows for that particular app. However, there is a significant amount of time delay to display a window when you hover over the icon of that app. In this post, I will describe a method to change the preview delay when you hover over apps in taskbar in Windows 8:
1) Go to Charms bar –> Search.
2) Type: regedit in Search under Apps.
3) Click on regedit icon on the left side. If you get a dialog box asking “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?”, click on “Yes”.
4) In the Registry Editor, go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER –> Software –> Microsoft –> Windows –> CurrentVersion –> Explorer –> Advanced
5) Right click on Advanced and then, go to: New –> click on DWORD (32-bit) value.
6) On the right side in Registry editor, right click and rename the new value you just created to: ExtendedUIHoverTime
7) Right click on ExtendedUIHoverTime and then, click on “Modify”.
8) Select option “Decimal” under “Base”.
9) Enter value data as: 200 or 100 as per your choice. 200 and 100 are the milliseconds of preview delay when you hover over apps in taskbar. Enter a value which you find best.
10) Click on “OK” and close the Registry Editor.
11) Now, restart your computer to make the changes.