In Windows 8, you can create a shortcut to a website using FTP or you can create a shortcut to any other network location. This feature is useful when you want to access a website using FTP or to access a remote network location, directly from a shortcut folder in your computer.
To add a network location, create shortcut to website using FTP, first you need to make sure that you have turned on network discovery for your current profile.
To add a network location, create shortcut to website using FTP in Windows 8, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on “Computer” icon in your desktop.
2) Then, click on “Add a network location” at the top in the “Computer” tab.
3) Click on “Next” in Add Network Location Wizard.
4) Again click on “Next” in Wizard for “Where do you want to create this network location?”.
5) Then, select the location of the network folder by clicking on “Browse”. If you want to create a shortcut to a website using FTP then, enter FTP address in the following format: ftp://ftp.moreprocess.com under “Internet or network address”.
6) Click on “Next”.
7) If you want to log in anonymously then, check option “Log on anonymously”. For shortcut to a website using FTP, uncheck this option and enter the FTP user name.
8) Click on “Next”.
9) After that, give a name to this network location. For Example: ftp.moreprocess.com
10) Click on “Next”.
11) Click on “Finish”.
12) In “Computer”, a new network location will be created under “Network Location”.
13) Now, to access this network location, double-click on it, enter the password, and click on “Logon”.