System restore can be used for restoring a Windows 7 computer to an earlier state. You can use System restore to restore your computer to an earlier restore point. New programs and applications which were installed after the restore point will be removed and the programs and applications which were removed before the restore point will be added. Some of the programs which are added might not work. You need to re-install them. Data files and folders in your computer will remain unchanged.
To use System restore in Windows 7 to restore computer an earlier state, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start.
2) Then, click on Control Panel.
3) After that, click on System and Security.
4) Then, click on “Restore your computer to an earlier time” under Action center.
5) Under System restore, click on Open System Restore button.
6) In System Restore Wizard, click on Next.
7) Click on Scan for affected programs button, to find which programs will be added and which ones will be removed.
8) Check option “Show more restore points” to display all the restore points.
9) Select a restore point and then click on Next.
10) You can confirm the restore point you chose for the System restore. Here you can see the time, description and drives which will be restored to the selected restore point. If you have changed your login password after the system restore then you should create a password reset disk if you need it. Click on Finish. Your computer will restart and will be restored as per the selected restore point.