If any of the devices in your Windows 7 computer like hard disk drives, display adapters, DVD/CD-ROM drives, Human interface devices like USB input devices, imaging devices like webcams, keyboards, mouse, monitors, network adapters, sound, video and game controllers, system devices, and USB controllers are not working properly, then you can fix it by updating the driver software for the particular device from Device Manager.
To update driver software for a device from Device Manager in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start menu and then, click on Control Panel.
2) In Control Panel, go to: System and Security –> System
3) Click on “Device Manager” on the left side.
4) In Device Manager, right-click on the device for which you want to update driver software and then, click on “Update driver software”.
5) In Update driver software dialog box, click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
6) Install and update the driver software.