Windows features are a collection of Windows components and services which provides various types of functionalities in your Windows 7 computer. However, you might not need many of these features. Some of these features keep running in the background and they use CPU resources. If you don’t use these features you can easily turn them off and make your Windows 7 computer faster.
To turn on, off Windows features in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start menu and then, click on Control panel.
2) Then, click on “Programs”.
3) After that, click on “Turn Windows features on or off” under “Programs and Features”.
4) In “Windows Features” dialog box, check an option to turn on that feature and un-check an option to turn off a Windows feature. These are the main Windows features: Games, Indexing Service, Internet Explorer 9, Internet Information Services, Internet Information Services Hostable Web Core, Media Features, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1, Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) Server, Print and Document Services, Remote Differential Compression, RIP Listener, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Simple TCPIP Services, Tablet PC Components, Telnet Client, Telnet Server, TFTP Client, Windows Gadget Platform, Windows Process Activation Service, Windows Search, Windows TIFF IFilter, XPS Services and XPS Viewer. You can also browse through the main features to enable and disable other features.
5) When you are done, click on “OK”.