In Windows 7, you can easily start and stop a Windows service. Also you can change the Start up type for a service to Automatic (Delayed Start), Automatic, Manual and Disabled. Most of the Windows services depend on other services. When you stop a service, some of the services and applications which depend on it will not work.
To start, stop, change Start up type for Windows service in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) On your desktop, right-click on the Computer and then click on Manage.
2) In Computer Management, expand Services and Applications and then click on Services on the left side.
3) On the right side you can view the Windows services.
4) Right click on a Windows Service and click on Start or Stop.
5) To change the Start up type for a Windows service, right-click on the Windows service and click on Properties.
6) In service properties dialog box, go to General tab. Under Start up type drop down menu select the Start up type for the Windows service. You can select the following Start up types: Automatic (Delayed Start), Automatic, Manual and Disabled.
7) Click on Apply and then OK.