In this post, I will describe the steps for sharing a folder with users and groups in Windows 7. By using these steps you can share a folder and set “Read” or “Read/Write” permission level for the folder.
To share a folder with users, groups in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Right click on the folder and click on Properties.
2) Then, go to Sharing tab.
3) Click on “Share” button.
4) In File Sharing dialog box, you can use the drop down menu to find a user or a group or you can directly type in the user name and click on “Add”.
5) Now, you can select the permission level for the folder. Options are “Read” and “Read/Write”.
6) Click on “Share” button to share the folder with the user.
7) You will get a message “Your folder is shared”. You have the option to email other users and groups links for shared items.
8) Click on “Done”.