In Windows 7, you can set playback quality for speakers. You have different playback quality options to choose from like CD quality, DVD quality and Studio quality. You can select the playback quality as per sample rate and bit depth.
To set playback quality, sample rate, bit depth of speakers in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start menu and then click on Control Panel.
2) In Control Panel, click on “Hardware and Sound”
3) Then, click on “Sound”.
4) In Sound dialog box, go to “Playback” tab, and double-click on “Speakers” icon.
5) In “Speakers properties” dialog box, go to “Advanced” tab.
6) Under “Default Format: Select the sample rate and bit depth to be used when running in shared mode”, select the playback quality, anything from CD quality, DVD quality or Studio quality as per your requirements from the drop down menu. After you choose a playback quality, you can test it by clicking on the “Test” button.
7) You can check the options “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” and “Give exclusive mode applications priority”.
8) Click on “Apply” and “OK” in “Speakers properties” dialog box.
9) Then, click on “Apply” and “OK” in “Sound” dialog box.