In this post, I will describe the steps by using which you can change network location type in Windows 7 computer. You can set the network location type to Home network, Work Network or Public network in Windows 7.
To change network location of a Windows 7 computer, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
2) After that, click on “Network and Internet” and then, click on “Network and Sharing center”.
3) Under your active networks, click on “Public Network” or on “Home network” or on “Work network”, whichever is the current selection.
4) In Set Network Location dialog box, select a network from the following:
i) Home network: It is a trusted network. You can set this network if all computers you will be using in this network are at your home.
ii) Work network: It is a trusted network. You can set this network if all computers you will be using in this network are at your work place.
iii) Public network: It is an untrusted network. You can set this network if you are unsure about the computers that will be connected in this network. This type of network can be used for a public place like coffee shops and airports.
5) For Example, here I will select a Home Network and I will get a message that “The network location is now Home”.