In Windows 7, you have the option to set advanced sharing options, custom permissions, and caching for folders. Follow the below given steps:
1) Right click on the folder and click on Properties.
2) Then, go to Sharing tab.
3) Click on “Advanced Sharing” button.
4) In Advanced Sharing dialog box, check option “Share this folder”.
5) You have the option to select a “Share name” for this folder and add comments.
6) Click on “Permissions” button.
7) In Permissions dialog box, click on “Add” button. Enter the user name or groups under “Enter the object names to select”. Click on “OK”.
8) Select the group or the user name for which you want to set custom permissions for the folder. Then, click on “Allow” or “Deny” for permissions: Full control, Change, and Read.
9) Click on “Apply” and then “OK”.
10) Click on “Caching” button. In “Offline settings” dialog box, you can set up caching for files and programs which are offline. You have the following options:
i) Only the files and programs that users specify are available offline: If you select this option then, users specify the files and programs which can be accessed offline. It is the default option.
ii) No files or programs from the share are available offline: If you select this option then, caching will be turned off.
iii) All files and programs that users open from the share are automatically available offline: If you select this option then, caching is turned on for all files and programs and they can be accessed offline. Check option “Optimize for performance”.
Click on “OK”.
11) Click on “Apply” and then “OK” in Advanced Sharing dialog box.