To select mouse pointer speed, display pointer trails, enhance pointer precision and to automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start menu and then click on Control Panel.
2) In Control Panel, from the right side, select “Small icons” from “View by” drop down menu.
3) Then, click on “Mouse”.
4) In Mouse Properties dialog box, go to “Pointer Options” tab.
5) Under Motion, select the pointer speed by dragging towards Slow or Fast end as per your requirements. Ideally, it should be dragged a bit more towards the fast side as fast motion provides better movement of the mouse pointer.
6) Enhance pointer precision: You can check this option so that you can easily control the mouse pointer when movements are smaller.
7) Under “Snap To”, check option “Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box” to automatically move mouse pointer to default button in a dialog box. You can uncheck this option as we don’t always have to click on the default button in a dialog box.
8) Under Visibility, check option “Display pointer trails” for enabling mouse pointer trails. I would recommend keeping it unchecked as pointer trails can be annoying. You can go ahead and check option “Hide pointer while typing” as you don’t need the mouse pointer while typing. Check option “Show location of pointer when I press CTRL key” to locate your mouse pointer anytime by pressing CTRL key.
9) To save the changes, click on “Apply” and then “OK”.