Network drive is a feature in Windows 7 by using which you can create and map a drive or folder in your Windows computer which can be used by other users in your network. This network drive can be accessed by other users and it is helpful for sharing files and folders in a network.
To map network drive to share files, folders in network in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start button and then click on Computer.
2) Click on “Map network drive”
3) In Map Network Drive dialog box, specify a drive letter for this folder. For example, Z:
4) Click on “Browse” and select the network folder which you wish to map.
5) Select option “Reconnect at logon” to automatically reconnect to the drive.
6) Click on “Finish”.
In “Computer”, a new network drive Z: will be created under “Network Location”.
If you want to un-map this folder in future, right-click on the network drive and click on “Disconnect”.