A startup program is the one which is started automatically by the Windows 7 computer when Windows is started and the user is logged in. Startup programs and applications run in the background and they affect the system performance. If you have installed some new software recently then, sometimes, by default they are added in the Startup program list. Many of these software and applications are not required on startup and you can easily disable them from the startup program list. This will make your computer faster during startup.
To enable and disable startup programs and applications in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start menu and then, click on Control Panel.
2) Click on System and Security.
3) After that, click on “Administrative Tools”.
4) Now, double click on “System configuration”.
5) Go to “Startup” tab.
6) If you want to enable a startup program, simply check the option for it under “Startup item” and if you want to disable a startup program, uncheck the option.
7) You can click on “Enable all” button to enable all the below given programs at startup or you can click on “Disable all” button to disable all the below given programs at startup.
8) When you are done, click on “Apply” and then “OK”.