You have the option to modify special permissions and Advanced Security Settings for a file or folder in Windows 7. By this method, you can edit the following special permissions for a file or a folder: Full control, Traverse folder / execute file, List Folder / read data, Read attributes, Read extended attributes, Create files / write data, Create folders / append data, Write attributes, Write extended attributes, Delete sub-folders and files, Delete, Read permissions, Change permissions, and Take ownership.
To change special permissions for file, folder in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Right click on the File or the Folder for which you want to change the permissions and then click on “Properties”.
2) In the Properties dialog box go to “Security” tab.
3) Click on “Advanced” button.
4) In Advanced Security Settings dialog box, under “Permissions” tab, click on “Change Permissions” button.
5) Then, in Advanced Security Settings dialog box, select any one of the Permission Entries for which you want to modify the permissions and then click on “Edit” button.
6) In Permission Entry dialog box, under Permissions, click on “Allow” or “Deny” for “Permissions” as per your requirements. Then, click on “OK”.
7) If you want to add a Permission entry, click on “Add” button in Advanced Security Settings dialog box. In Select Users or groups dialog box, enter the user name of the user under “Enter the object names to select”. Click on “OK”.
8) When you have made the changes, click on “Apply” and then “OK”.