In Windows 7, you can create a Save Search folder for saving the search strings. The advantage of creating a Save Search folder is that when you have to search again with the same search string in a particular folder or a location, all you need to do is to double-click and open the Save Search folder.
To create Save Search folder in Windows 7 for saving search strings, follow the below given steps:
1) Open Windows Explorer and go to the location where you want to perform the search.
2) Type in the search string in the Search field on the top right side. For Example, “.jpg”
3) Now, click on the Save Search button next to “Organize” on the top left side.
4) Select the location where you want to create the Save Search folder. For Example, here I will select Desktop. You also have the option to add a file name for the Save Search folder. Click on Save.
5) Save Search folder with name .jpg will be created in the desktop.
Now, the next time when I have to search in the same location with the same search string, all I need to do is to open this folder in the Desktop.