This is a tutorial and step by step guide for creating password reset and recovery disk for a user account in Windows 7. You can use a USB flash drive to create the password recovery disk. This password reset disk can be used for creating a new password in the event you forget the password for your user account.
To create password recovery disk for user account in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start button.
2) Then, click on Control Panel.
3) Select Category from View by drop down menu.
4) Then, click on “User Accounts and Family Safety”.
5) After that click on Change your Windows password.
6) Then, click on “Create a password reset disk” on the left side.
7) This will open Forgotten Password Wizard. Insert a USB drive and then click on “Next”.
8) In the next step, select the drive where you want to create password reset disk and then, click on Next.
9) Type the current account password and then click on Next.
10) In a few seconds the password reset disk will be created. Click on Next and then, click on Finish.
In future, if you want to reset your password using the password reset disk, insert the USB drive and click on “Reset password” link on the login screen. Then, enter new account password via Password Reset Wizard.