This is a tutorial and a step by step guide to change Welcome screen image in Windows 7. Welcome screen image can be changed by applying a simple registry edit in your computer.
To change Welcome screen image in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start.
2) Type: regedit in Search programs and files and then, hit Enter. This will open the registry editor.
3) In registry editor, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE –> SOFTWARE –> Microsoft –> Windows –> CurrentVersion –> Authentication –> LogonUI –> Background
4) Right click on OEMBackground and then, click on Modify.
5) In Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog box, enter 1 in value data and then click on OK.
6) Then, go to: Computer: –> C: –> Windows –> System32 –> oobe
7) Create a new folder and name it as: info
8) Double click on info folder and open it. Now, create a new folder and name it as: backgrounds
9) Now rename the image which you want to set as Welcome screen image to backgroundDefault.jpg
Make sure this image is less than 256 KB. You can set up the pixels size of the image as per your screen size. You can try 1366 x 768 or 1024 x 768 or any other size which fits your screen.
10) Copy and paste this image in the backgrounds folder.
11) Restart your computer to apply the changes.