In Windows 7, you can change the view of a folder to any type from the following: Extra Large icons, Large icons, Medium icons, Small icons, List, Details, Tiles and Content. After that, you can apply the same view that you are using for this folder to all the other folders of this type. To change the type of a folder, you can refer this post.
To change view of a folder and apply to all folder types in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Go to Windows Explorer.
2) Click on the folder for which you want to change the view.
3) Then, from the “More Options” drop down menu, select a folder view as per your needs.
4) Now, click on “Organize” drop down menu on the top left side, and then click on “Folder and Search Options”.
5) Go to View tab.
6) Click on “Apply to Folders”.
7) Click on “Apply” and then, “OK”.