In Windows 7, you can change vertical scrolling and horizontal scrolling mouse wheel settings. You have the option to set the number of lines or to scroll one screen at a time for vertical scrolling. You also have the option to set the number of characters for horizontal scrolling.
To change vertical, horizontal scrolling mouse wheel settings in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start menu and then click on Control Panel.
2) In Control Panel, from the right side, select “Small icons” from “View by” drop down menu.
3) Then, click on “Mouse”.
4) In Mouse Properties dialog box, go to “Wheel” tab.
5) Under Vertical Scrolling, you have two options:
i) The following number of lines at a time: Here you can set the number of lines to be scrolled when you move the mouse wheel one notch. Default is 3 lines.
ii) One screen at a time: If you select this option, then one screen will be scrolled when you move the mouse wheel one notch.
6) Under Horizontal scrolling, you can select the number of characters to be scrolled horizontally when you tilt the mouse wheel. Default is 3 characters. Horizontal scrolling can be done only if your mouse has a horizontal tilt feature.
7) To save the changes, click on “Apply” and then “OK”.