In Windows 7, if you are searching items which have already been indexed in your computer, then the search results are generated instantly. However, for non-indexed locations, your computer will need more time to search files. You can add and delete the indexed locations in your computer as per your requirements.
To change search index options, add, remove indexed locations in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start button.
2) Then, click on Control Panel.
3) From “View By” drop down menu, select “Small Icons”.
4) After that, click on “Indexing Options”.
5) In “Indexing Options” dialog box, click on Modify button.
6) In “Indexed Locations” dialog box, click on “Show All Locations” and then, under “Change selected locations”, select the indexed locations as per your requirements. Click on “OK”.
7) The new locations will be gradually indexed in your computer. If you want to stop indexing the new locations, click on “Pause” button.