Follow the below given steps for changing the settings of power button, sleep button, and when you close the lid of your laptop computer in Windows 7. Here, you can also change the settings for Password protection on wakeup.
1) Click on Start button.
2) Then, click on “Control Panel”.
3) Click on “System and Security” and then, click on “Power Options”.
4) On the left side click on “Choose what the power buttons do”
5) Under “When I Press the Power buttons”, select an option, “Do Nothing”, “Sleep”, “Hibernate” or “Shut down”. Similarly, you can pick options for “When I press the sleep button” and “When I close the lid”. So, when you press the power button, sleep button or close the lid of your laptop computer, the above selected actions will be done.
6) Under “Password protection on wakeup”, select an option:
i) Require a password(Recommended): When the computer wakes up, you have to enter your account password to login.
ii) Don’t require a password: When the computer wakes up, you don’t have to enter the password and you can directly log in.