Magnifier is a tool in Windows 7 to enlarge a portion of the screen or the entire screen. To use Magnifier, click on Start button and then All Programs. After that, click on Accessories and then click on Ease of Access. Then, click on Magnifier.
In Magnifier, to Zoom in, press the + button and to Zoom out press – button. You have three options to view Magnifier: Full screen, lens and docked view. To change magnifier view click on “Views” drop down menu and then select a view.
To change Magnifier settings, click on the “Options” button. This will open Magnifier options.
1) Under “Set how much the view changes when zooming in or out”, you can select the zoom in or the zoom out percentage for the Magnifier.
2) Turn on color inversion: Check this option if you want to invert the colors of the screen.
3) Follow the mouse pointer: Check this option if you want Magnifier to follow mouse pointer.
4) Follow the keyboard focus: Check this option if you want Magnifier to follow keyboard focus.
5) Have magnifier follow the text insertion point: Check this option if you want Magnifier to follow the text insertion point in the text editor.
6) Fine tune what my screen fonts look like: Click here for enabling ClearType. You can enable ClearType for making the fonts sharper in your screen.
7) Control whether Magnifier starts when I log on: Click here for to start the Magnifier when you log in to your computer. Check option “Turn on Magnifier” and click on OK.