This is a tutorial and step by step guide for changing account settings for a user account in Windows 7. You can change account name, create a password, change picture for user account, set up parental controls, set up time limits, allow user to play games based on ratings, allow and block specific games, allow and block specific programs, change the account type for a particular user account and to delete a user account in your computer.
To change account settings for a user in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start button.
2) Then, click on Control Panel.
3) Select Category from View by drop down menu.
4) Then, click on “User Accounts and Family Safety”.
5) After that click on Add or remove user accounts.
6) Then, click on the account for which you want to change settings.
In make changes to the username’s account page, where username is the user name of the account for which you want to change settings.
7) Change the account name: Click here to change account name for this account. Enter the new account name and then, click on Change Name.
8) Create a password: Click here to create a password for this account. Enter New password, Confirm new password, and enter a password hint. Then, click on Create password.
9) Change the picture: Click here to change the picture for the user account. This account picture will be displayed in the Start menu and in the Welcome screen of your computer. Select any picture from the below given pictures or click on “Browse for more pictures” to select another picture for the account. Then, click on “Change picture”.
10) Set up parental controls: Click here to set up parental controls. Then, double-click on this account. Under Parental controls, check option “On, enforce current settings”.
i) Time Limits: Click here to set up time limits for this user. Mark the hours for which you want to block this user as blue for the days in the week. Click on OK.
ii) Games: Click here to enable or disable games which this user can play. Under “Can username play games?”, check option “Yes” to allow this user to play games.
Then, click on Set Game ratings to allow this user to play games based on ratings.
Under “If a game has no rating, can username play it?” select “Allow games with no rating” to let the user play games with no rating or select “Block games with no rating” to disallow the user to play games with no rating. Here, you can also allow games based on ratings and block specific type of content. When you are done, click on OK.
Click on “Block or Allow specific games” to allow and block specific games which this user can play. Click on OK.
iii) Allow and block specific programs: Click here to allow and block specific programs for this user. Select option “Username can use all programs” to let this user use all programs. Select option “Username can only use the programs I allow” and check the programs which you want to allow for this user. To add a program to the list click on Browse and add the program. Click on OK.
11) Change the account type: Click here to change the account type for this account. You have the option to make this account as an administrator account.
12) Delete the account: Click here to delete this user account.