In Windows 7, you can use Snipping Tool for capturing a portion of the screen or entire screen. Snipping tool has four options where you can capture screen using Free form snip, Rectangular snip, Window snip or Full screen snip. This post is a tutorial for using a Snipping tool, editing a snip, saving a snip and to change different options in Snipping tool.
To capture screen using Snipping Tool in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start button, then click on All programs.
2) After that, click on Accessories and then, click on Snipping Tool.
3) In the Snipping Tool, from the “New Snip” drop down menu, you can select a Snipping option.
i) Free-form Snip: By using this option, you can capture an area by drawing a free hand drawing around it.
ii) Rectangular Snip: By using this option, you can capture a rectangular area by using the mouse pointer.
iii) Window Snip: By using this option, you can capture an entire Window. To capture an entire window use your mouse pointer to click on the window.
iv) Full-screen Snip: By using this option, you can take a screenshot of the entire screen. To take the screen shot simply, click on the Full-screen Snip option from the drop down menu.
4) After you have captured the screen, in the Snipping Tool:
i) From the File menu, click on “Save As” and save your snip.
ii) Under tools, from Pen menu, select a color of Pen and click on “Customize” to adjust Thickness: Fine point pen, Medium point pen and Thick point pen and select the tip of pen: Chisel tip pen or Round tip pen.
iii) Under tools, select Highlighter menu for highlighting areas in the snip.
iv) Under tools, select Eraser menu for erasing the pen notes and highlights which you have done in the above given options.
5) Click on “Options” to open the “Snipping Tool Options” dialog box. Here you can select the Ink color for the Snipping tool and other options: Hide Instruction text, Always copy Snips to the clipboard, Include URL below Snips (HTML only), Prompt to save snips before exiting, Show Screen overlay when Snipping tool is active and Show selection ink after snips are captured.