By default, in a Windows 7 computer, processor scheduling is enabled for the best performance of the programs which are running in your computer. However, you can choose how to allocate processor resources in your computer. This feature is useful if you want to run your Windows 7 computer as a server.
To adjust processor scheduling for programs or background services in Windows 7, follow the below given steps:
1) Click on Start menu and then click on Control Panel.
2) Then, click on “System and Security”.
3) After that, click on “System”.
4) On the left panel, in the bottom, click on “Performance information and Tools”.
5) On the left panel, click on “Adjust Visual effects”.
6) In the “Performance options” dialog box, go to “Advanced” tab.
7) Under Processor scheduling, for option “Adjust for best performance of” select “Programs” or “Background services”. You can select Programs if you want to use your Windows 7 computer normally or you can choose Background services if you want to use your Windows 7 computer as a server.
When, you are done, click on “Apply” and then “OK”.