Static database architecture defined by ANSI/ISO SQL 1 standard: In database architecture defined by ANSI/ISO SQL 1 standard, DML (Data Manipulation Language) and DDL (Data Definition Language) were categorized. DDL statements were used for building a database and DML statements were used for applications in the database.
Advantage of database architecture defined by ANSI/ISO SQL 1 standard: Advantage of this type of architecture is that it provides a static database architecture.
Step-1: To build the database: A collection of tables are defined in a database schema. DDL (Data Definition Language) statements are executed here and by using a database builder program, the database is created.
Step-2: To connect database with application programs: Application programs interact with the database using DML (Data Manipulation Language) statements.
Database architecture defined by ANSI/ISO SQL 2 standard: Here are the components of SQL 2 standard:
1) Catalog: A catalog contains a collection of schema.
2) Tables: These are the database tables which are managed by the DBMS software.
3) DBMS software: A typical database software as per the standards.
4) Users: A collection of users of the database who perform specific actions.
5) Program modules: A program module is used to access the database.